96% would make again
One-pan Chicken Fajita Bombs
featured in 12 Tasty Bombs
These tasty chicken fajita bombs are filled with seasoned chicken, peppers, and onions, and wrapped in crispy bacon.
May 15, 2023
for 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese (125 g), cubed
- 4 oz cream cheese (110 g)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sour cream
- Calories 720
- Fat 41g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 64g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over high heat. Cook the peppers, onion, salt, and pepper until soft and slightly caramelized. Remove from heat.
- Add the cheddar, pepper jack, and cream cheese to the pan, stirring until evenly incorporated.
- Season chicken with the salt, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder, evenly rubbing the spices over the chicken.
- Slice a pocket in the chicken horizontally and fill the pocket with a heaping spoonful of the fajita mixture.
- Repeat for all chicken breasts and remove any excess fajita mixture from the pan.
- Heat pan over medium heat. If needed, add olive oil.
- Cook the stuffed chicken until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, about 7 minutes on each side.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole!