97% would make again
One-pan Chicken Fajita Bombs
featured in 12 Tasty Bombs
for 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- 4 oz pepper jack cheese (125 g), cubed
- 4 oz cream cheese (110 g)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- sour cream
- Calories 771
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 65g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat olive oil in a pan over high heat. Cook the peppers, onion, salt, and pepper until soft and slightly caramelized. Remove from heat.
- Add the cheddar, pepper jack, and cream cheese to the pan, stirring until evenly incorporated.
- Season chicken with the salt, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder, evenly rubbing the spices over the chicken.
- Slice a pocket in the chicken horizontally and fill the pocket with a heaping spoonful of the fajita mixture.
- Repeat for all chicken breasts and remove any excess fajita mixture from the pan.
- Heat pan over medium heat. If needed, add olive oil.
- Cook the stuffed chicken until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted, about 7 minutes on each side.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole!