One-pan Chicken Parmesan and Veggie Skillet
This easy one-pan chicken parmesan and veggie skillet is a satisfying dinner that is ready in a snap. Tender chicken breast and fresh vegetables are smothered in tomato sauce and topped with melty mozzarella cheese.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 1 serving
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons plain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic, about 1 small clove
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 ½ cups eggplant (540 g), diced, (about half a small eggplant)
- 1 cup crushed tomato (260 g), with juice
- 1 slice fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
- Calories 741
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 17g
- Protein 66g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190˚C).
- Combine flour with ½ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper in a wide bowl. Crack egg into another bowl, whisk it, and place breadcrumbs into a third bowl.
- Coat chicken in flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs.
- Heat 1½ teaspoons olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook chicken breast until crispy and golden, about 3 minutes on each side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, and eggplant to pan and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add remaining salt, pepper, and crushed tomatoes. Remove pan from heat, top with chicken breast, and place mozzarella on top.
- Bake until cheese is melted, about 12 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped basil.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.