One-Pan Southwestern Chicken Quinoa
This one-pan wonder is a flavor explosion! Loaded with chicken, quinoa, and beans, it's the perfect meal that doesn't skimp on taste. Plus, it's easy to make and easy to clean up, making it a win-win!
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts, diced
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 1 cup quinoa (170 g), rinsed
- 1 cup vegetable broth (235 mL)
- 15 oz fire-roasted diced tomato (400 g)
- 1 cup corn (175 g)
- 15 oz black beans (400 g)
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 lime, juiced
- Calories 763
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 75g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breasts and season with salt and pepper, then cook until no longer pink.
- Add the garlic and jalapeño and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the quinoa, vegetable broth, fire-roasted tomatoes, corn, black beans, cumin, and chili powder and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Cover and simmer until the quinoa is cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in the avocado, cilantro, and lime juice.
- Divide between serving bowls and garnish with more cilantro.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.