One-Pot Bacon And Wild Mushroom Risotto
featured in For Mushroom Lovers Only
With savory bacon and hearty mushrooms cooked in creamy Arborio rice, this dish is a crowd-pleasing, satisfying meal perfect for any occasion.
May 14, 2023
98% would make again
for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 5 strips bacon, diced
- 8 oz wild mushrooms (225 g), such as porcini or shiitake, sliced
- 1 ½ cups arborio rice (300 g)
- ½ cup dry white wine (120 mL), such as Sauvignon Blanc
- 5 cups chicken broth (1.17 L)
- ½ cup parmesan cheese (55 g), plus more for garnish
- Calories 714
- Fat 39g
- Carbs 60g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a 5-quart Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes until soft and slightly transparent.
- Add the bacon and stir constantly until it starts to crisp.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the arborio rice and cook for one minute, stirring constantly so the oil coats the grains.
- Stir in the white wine and simmer 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add one cup (235ml) of the chicken stock and simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the rice absorbs most of the liquid, continue to add 1-2 cups (235-470ml) of stock at a time until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes total.
- NOTE: The risotto should be al dente and fall back in on itself when you run the spoon along the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese and remove from the heat.
- Serve and garnish with extra Parmesan cheese.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.