93% would make again
One-Pot Basil Pasta
featured in 6 Fun-to-Make Summer Pastas
This one-pot basil pasta is a lifesaver for busy weeknights! Loaded with fresh basil, cherry tomatoes, and garlic, this dish comes together in no time and is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
May 05, 2023
for 2 servings
- ¼ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ cup baby plum tomato (100 g), halved or regular tomatoes chopped into small bits
- ⅓ cup fresh basil (15 g), chopped, plus a few sprigs to decorate
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley (15 g), chopped
- 5 oz linguine (150 g), or spaghetti
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch crushed chillies
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 ½ cups cold water (600 mL)
- parmesan cheese, to garnish
- Calories 485
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 72g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place all of the ingredients except for the parmesan into a large pot. Cook on a high heat for 2 minutes, submerging the spaghetti into the water once it’s softened enough.
- Lower the temperature to a medium/low heat and toss and stir continuously until the liquid reduces down into a thick sauce. serve with more fresh basil and top with parmesan.