95% would make again
One-pot Cajun Fettuccine Alfredo Pasta
featured in Must-Have Pasta Dishes
for 6 servings
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 lb cooked andouille sausage (455 g)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 6 cups milk (1.5 L), whole preferred
- 1 lb fettuccine pasta (455 g), uncooked
- ¾ cup parmesan cheese (80 g), plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Calories 880
- Fat 40g
- Carbs 80g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 48g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small bowl, combine all spices for the cajun seasoning and mix together. Set aside. Store any extra in an airtight container for future use.
- In a heavy bottom pot (such as a Dutch oven), heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the sliced chicken and 2½ tablespoons of the prepared cajun seasoning.
- Add the andouille sausage and cook until the chicken is no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the pot and add the remaining olive oil.
- Add the garlic, diced peppers and onions and cook until the onions are transparent and softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the milk and stir so that the seasoning is incorporated into the liquid.
- Turn the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add the uncooked fettuccine, stirring constantly until the noodles are al dente, about 10 minutes.
- On low heat, add the meat back in and stir so that it’s evenly incorporated.
- Add the cheese and parsley, and stir. Remove from the heat.