92% would make again
One Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
featured in Top 5 Pasta Recipes
for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 5 cups milk (1 ¼ L)
- 4 cups penne pasta (400 g)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese (100 g), shredded
- Calories 1265
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 155g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 78g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat
- Add chicken and cook until no pink is visible, about 5-6 minutes, then take the chicken out.
- Add the bell peppers and onion, cooking until the onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pot with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder, stirring until evenly coated, about 30 seconds.
- Add the milk and the penne, stirring constantly to prevent any pasta from sticking.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until pasta is cooked and the milk has reduced to a thick sauce that coats the pasta.
- Add the cheese and mix until melted.
- Nutrition Calories: 1958 Fat: 41 grams Carbs: 305 grams Fiber: 16 grams Sugars: 50 grams Protein: 90 grams