One-Pot Chicken Fajita Pasta
Ever wanted the full fixings of a fajita in pasta form? These toppings make for a well-seasoned and well-balanced one-dish dinner!
for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 5 cups milk (1 ¼ L)
- 4 cups penne pasta (400 g)
- 1 cup pepper jack cheese (100 g), shredded
- Calories 862
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 82g
- Fiber 16g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 57g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the oil in a large pot over high heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink, 5-6 minutes, then remove from the pot.
- Add the bell peppers and onion and cook until the onion is translucent, about 6 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pot, along with the salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder, and stir until evenly coated, about 30 seconds.
- Add the milk and the penne, stirring constantly to prevent the pasta from sticking.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, until pasta is tender and the milk has reduced to a thick sauce that coats the pasta.
- Add the cheese and mix until melted.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.