95% would make again
One-pot Chickpea Curry (Under 300 Calories)
featured in Dinners Under 500 Calories
June 10, 2019
for 4 servings
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 ginger, 1 1/2 inch (3 cm) piece, chopped
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lentils
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 ⅓ cups broccoli (200 g), florets
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup spinach (100 g)
- ½ lemon, juiced
- low-fat natural yogurt, optional
- 1 handful fresh coriander, chopped, optional
- Calories 366
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 59g
- Fiber 17g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Fry the onion and garlic in a little oil for 3 minutes.
- Add all of the spices, the salt, the ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, the lentils and coconut cream, cover and simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- Stir in the broccoli and cook for a further 4 minutes.
- Stir in the chickpeas, spinach, and lemon juice and cook a further 3 minutes until the spinach is slightly wilted.
- Serve with natural yogurt and some chopped coriander.