92% would make again
One-pot Creamy Chicken Bacon Veggie Pasta
for 6 servings
- 5 strips thick cut bacon, sliced
- 1 lb chicken breast (455 g), cubed
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- pepper, to taste
- 1 small onion, sliced
- ½ lb asparagus (225 g), cut into 1-inch or 2 1/2 cm long pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups fresh spinach (450 g)
- ⅓ cup sun-dried tomato (20 g), roughly chopped
- 6 cups milk (1.3 L)
- 1 lb rotini pasta (455 g)
- 1 ¼ cups shredded parmesan cheese (125 g)
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 787
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 79g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 60g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot, crisp the bacon on medium heat.
- Drain excess grease so there’s about 3 tablespoons left in the pot.
- Add in the chicken, season with half of the seasoned salt and pepper, and cook.
- Once the chicken is nicely browned, remove it from the pan but leave the bacon.
- Add in the onion and asparagus. Stir until the onions begin to become translucent.
- Add the garlic and spinach. Stir until spinach is wilted.
- Add in the sun-dried tomatoes and season with remaining salt and pepper.
- Pour milk over veggie and bacon mixture, and bring to a boil. Stir periodically so the bottom does not burn.
- Once milk is bubbling, add pasta and stir frequently until pasta reaches your desired doneness (approximately 10 minutes at medium heat).
- Stir in chicken and parmesan cheese and mix until cheese is melted.