96% would make again
One-Pot Creamy Chicken Marsala Pasta
featured in 4 Hearty Fall Pastas
for 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast (680 g), cut into chunks
- 2 cups white mushroom (150 g), or button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 3 cups chicken stock (720 mL)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream (360 mL)
- 1 cup marsala wine (240 mL)
- 3 cups penne pasta (300 g), uncooked
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese (100 g)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, optional garnish
- Calories 1123
- Fat 60g
- Carbs 102g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 41g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of oil, and the mushrooms and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until onions are browned, stirring occasionally.
- Return the chicken to the pot. Add the stock, cream, wine, and pasta, bring up to a simmer, and cover.
- *Marsala wine can be purchased at most grocery stores near the dessert or sweet wines and gives the dish a distinct flavor. However, if you can’t get your hands on Marsala, you can substitute 1 cup of white wine (240 ml) plus 1 ½ tablespoons of brandy.
- Simmer until pasta is tender, about 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When pasta is tender, stir in parmesan cheese until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.