One-Pot Creamy Chicken Stew
Whip up a cozy, comforting meal with this One-Pot Creamy Chicken Stew! It's packed with tender chicken, hearty veggies, and a luscious, velvety sauce that'll have you coming back for seconds.
for 6 servings
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (910 g), and/or thighs, cut into 1-inch (2.54 cm) pieces
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup white mushroom (150 g), stemmed and roughly chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced into ½-inch (1.2 cm) pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and diced into ½-inch (1.2 cm) pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1 large carrot, diced into ¼-inch (6 mm) pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced into 1/4 in (6 mm) pieces
- ¼ cup all purpose flour (30 g)
- 1 cup dry white wine (240 mL)
- 2 cups chicken stock (480 mL)
- 1 ½ tablespoons McCormick® Poultry Seasoning
- ½ cup frozen peas (70 g)
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- Calories 514
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 52g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 7 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high and add the mushrooms. Cook until browned, about 3 minutes. Add the onion and cook for another 4 minutes, until starting to brown. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add the butter, potatoes, carrot, and celery. Cook for about 4 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Stir in the flour, then add the wine. Bring to a simmer, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the chicken stock, cooked chicken, McCormick® Poultry Seasoning, 1 teaspoon salt, and the peas, and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Stir in the cream and season with more salt to taste.
- Serve warm.