96% would make again
One-Pot Enchilada Rice
featured in One-Pot Vegetarian Meals
for 4 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, minced
- ½ cup red onion (75 g), chopped
- 1 cup bell pepper (100 g), chopped
- 1 cup tomato (200 g), chopped
- 3 cups water (720 mL)
- 1 ½ cups rice (300 g)
- 1 cup black beans (170 g)
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup tomato sauce (260 g)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded cheese (50 g), optional
- ½ avocado, cubed, for garnish
- Calories 283
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Put oil in a cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion to skillet and stir until garlic is slightly golden and onion has softened.
- Add pepper and sauté 2-3 minutes or until peppers have softened.
- Add tomatoes and sauté 1 minute.
- Remove sauteed vegetables and set aside.
- Pour water into the skillet and wait for it to come to a boil.
- Add rice and stir for 12-15 minutes until rice is fluffier but still slightly tender.
- Make a circle in the center of the rice and add your sautéed vegetables and black beans to the skillet and mix.
- Add cilantro, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper, and stir.
- Add cheese on top (optional).
- Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and avocado (optional).