95% would make again
One-Pot Fennel And Sausage Pasta
featured in 3 Seasonal Recipes To Try In May
for 8 servings
- 1 lb hot italian sausage (455 g)
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 5 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 6 oz tomato paste (170 g)
- 14 ½ oz canned chopped tomato (410 g)
- 1 lb orecchiette pasta (455 g), cooked
- ½ cup shaved paresan cheese (55 g)
- 1 cup mozzarella pearl (115 g)
- Calories 507
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the sausage to a large pot on medium high. Cook until browned. Remove temporarily from the pot.
- Add sliced fennel, onion, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper. Cook until the onions and fennel are golden and caramelized.
- Add the tomato paste, chopped tomatoes, and meat. Stir and cook until the tomato paste has darkened and is aromatic.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Add the cooked pasta, the grated parmesan, and the mozzarella pearls. Stir until well combined and heated through.
- Garnish with fennel fronds, (the green leaves of the fennel bulb).