One-Pot Garlic Tomato Shrimp Pasta
This one-pot garlic tomato shrimp pasta is a simple yet flavorful meal that you'll want to make again and again. With juicy shrimp, al dente pasta, and a zesty tomato sauce, this dish is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or a special occasion.
for 4 servings
- 1 lb spaghetti (455 g)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb shrimp (455 g), peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 small yellow onion
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped, about 3 tablespoons
- 42 oz canned diced tomato (1 ¼ kg), drained of excess water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup dry white wine (240 mL)
- ⅓ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped
- 4 qt water (3 ½ L), salted
- Calories 777
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 112g
- Fiber 7g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 41g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a 6-quart Dutch oven, bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add spaghetti, cooking about 6-7 minutes until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- Return the Dutch oven to the stovetop and heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the shrimp, salt, and ½ teaspoon of the red pepper flakes. Spread evenly across the bottom of the pot and cook until the bottoms pink and slightly brown, about 45-60 seconds. Flip and repeat until shrimp are just cooked through.
- Remove the shrimp and place in a small bowl to the side.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add additional 1 tablespoon of oil to the pot, as needed.
- Add onion and garlic to the oil and cook until onions have softened, about 3-5 minutes. Stir frequently to ensure the garlic does not burn.
- Add the diced tomatoes, remaining 1 teaspoon of salt, sugar, remaining 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, oregano, and white wine.
- Stir and bring the sauce up to a simmer. Simmer for 5-10 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Return the shrimp (and any accumulated juices) to the sauce. Add the parsley, stirring to incorporate.
- Add the cooked spaghetti back into the pot, toss until evenly coated and heated, then remove from heat. Serve immediately.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.