for 4 Servings
Chicken and Rice
- 4 chicken thighs, bone-in skin-on
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- 1 piece ginger, grated, 2 in (5 cm)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice (300 g), rinsed well
- 2 ½ cups water (360 mL)
- 1 tablespoon Nakano® Natural Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning chicken
- 6 scallions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup Nakano Natural Rice Vinegar
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- Calories 316
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Chicken and rice: Season chicken thighs on both sides with kosher salt. Place chicken, skin side down, in a Dutch oven or heavy pot. Turn on heat to medium-low. Let cook for 5 minutes, then increase heat to medium-high and continue cooking until skin is golden brown and chicken thighs easily release from the pan, about 6–8 more minutes. Remove chicken and set aside.
- In the same pot with the chicken fat over medium-low heat, add onion, ginger, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and translucent, about 8 minutes. Stir in jasmine rice, water, Nakano® Natural Rice Vinegar, soy sauce, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt. Nestle chicken thighs into the rice, skin side up, making sure that the chicken is not fully submerged. Bring to a simmer, then cover pot and reduce heat to low. Cook for 20 minutes, then take pot off the heat and let rest for 10 minutes while making the scallion sauce.
- Scallion sauce: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Stir and use the back of a spoon to press down and lightly crush the scallions.
- Fluff rice and serve with the chicken and the scallion sauce.