One-Pot Sausage And Peppers Pasta
This hearty and flavorful pasta dish is made in just one pot, making cleanup a breeze. Spicy Italian sausage is combined with colorful bell peppers and a delicious tomato sauce to create a satisfying meal.
for 4 servings
- 1 lb farfalle pasta (455 g), or any short pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 hot italian sausages
- 3 sweet italian sausages
- 1 red bell pepper, large, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, large, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large, diced
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 28 oz diced tomato (795 g)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black ground pepper
- Calories 627
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 53g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 27g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil, add a generous amount of salt, and cook pasta 2 minutes less than the package instructions.
- Strain pasta and set aside. Toss with a small amount of oil to prevent sticking
- In the same pot, heat 1 tbsp of olive oil and fry sausages, working in batches as needed, until deeply browned on all sides.
- Remove sausages, slice in ¾-inch (2 cm) rings, and set aside.
- Sauté all of the bell peppers, onion, and garlic for about 2 minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes, all of the spices, and the sausage slices to the pot.
- Simmer about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta back to the pot and stir gently until all the ingredients are coated in the sauce. Continue simmering until pasta is al dente.
- Serve with grated parmesan.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.