One-Pot Spicy Sausage And Broccoli Pasta
This one-pot pasta has it all — protein, vegetables, carbs, and a spicy kick! Cooking the pasta in chicken stock and rendered sausage fat gives it tons of flavor, while the starches from the pasta combine with the stock and Parmesan to make a glossy sauce.
for 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb spicy italian sausage (455 g), casing removed
- 1 lb broccoli florets (455 g)
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb rigatoni (455 g)
- 4 cups chicken stock (960 mL)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (60 g), plus more garnish
- Calories 688
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 18g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the olive oil in a large Dutch oven or heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until browned, breaking up with a wooden spoon, about 8 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cook for 10–12 minutes, stirring constantly, until the liquid is absorbed and the pasta is tender. Add the Parmesan and stir to incorporate.
- Divide the pasta between serving bowls and garnish with more Parmesan.
- All your favorite recipes, stored in one place. Download the Tasty app and never lose a recipe again.