for 4 servings
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 fresh ginger, peeled and grated, 2 in (5 cm)
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice (180 mL)
- 1 orange, zested
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 4 salmon fillets, skin removed
- fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- rice, steamed, for serving
- broccoli, for serving, steamed
- Calories 335
- Fat 16g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together honey and hot water until the honey dissolves. Add the ginger, garlic, orange juice, orange zest, soy sauce, rice vinegar, red pepper flakes, and ½ teaspoon salt, and whisk to combine.
- Arrange the salmon fillets in a 10-cup FoodSaver Preserve and Marinate Container. Pour most of the marinade over the salmon, reserving about ½ cup. Place the lid on the container. Turn the valve so the arrow points to the Marinate/Open position.
- On the FoodSaver vacuum sealer, turn the latch to the Operate position and pull the Built-in Handheld Sealer from the appliance. Remove the liquid reservoir from the Handheld Sealer and insert the tip into the port on the container lid.
- Press the Mode button on the vacuum sealer until the indicator light next to Marinate is illuminated. Press the Handheld button to marinate. The marinating process will start automatically and will take 12 minutes.
- While the salmon is marinating, preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use tongs to remove the salmon from the container and place on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the salmon with the remaining ½ teaspoon salt. Discard the salmon marinating liquid.
- Roast the salmon for 8–10 minutes, or until it flakes easily when nudged with a fork.
- While the salmon roasts, pour the reserved ½ cup marinade into a small pot and place over medium heat. Bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer until sauce reduces and thickens slightly, about 5–6 minutes. Once it has reduced, remove the pot from the heat.
- Spoon the sauce over the salmon, then garnish with chopped cilantro. Serve with steamed rice and broccoli.
- Save any leftover salmon in a Preserve and Marinate Container on the Preserve mode.