89% would make again
featured in Natural Fruit & Herb Sodas X Ways
for 20 servings
- ½ cup simple syrup (120 mL)
- ¾ cup orange juice (180 mL), freshly squeezed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- seltzer water, for serving
- orange, sliced into wheels, for garnish
- Calories 17
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 4g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the simple syrup, orange juice, and vanilla. Simmer for 5 minutes, until slightly reduced. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
- Once the syrup is cool, strain into an airtight glass container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 month.
- To make the soda, pour 1 cup (240 ml) of seltzer water into a glass filled with ice and add 1-2 tablespoons of syrup. Stir to combine. Garnish with orange wheels, if desired.
- Nutrition, per 1 tablespoon: Calories: 20 Sugar: 5 grams