94% would make again
Organic Quinoa Rice Cakes With Mediterranean Chicken
featured in 5 Recipes Straight Out Of Middle East
for 4 servings
- 2 garlics, minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken cutlets (455 g)
Quinoa Rice Cakes
- 2 packages seeds of change organic quinoa and brown rice with garlic
- ¾ cup zucchini (115 g), shredded, excess water squeezed out
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 lemon juice, and zest
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ⅔ cup whole wheat breadcrumbs (75 g)
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese (25 g)
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- cherry tomato, for garnish
- kalamata olive, for garnish
- Calories 1150
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 137g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 62g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Mix together the garlic, salt, pepper, olive oil, and lemon juice to form a marinade.
- Toss the chicken in the mixture and let marinate for 15–20 minutes.
- Cut open the packages of Seeds of Change Organic Quinoa and Brown Rice with Garlic so that the opening is approximately 2 inches (5 cm) wide.
- Microwave packages for 90 seconds, then place contents into a bowl.
- Add the rest of the rice cake ingredients, except the olive oil, and mix well.
- Remove approximately ⅓ of the mixture and pulse it well in a food processor.
- Add the pulsed quinoa back into the rest of the mixture and combine well.
- To shape quinoa cakes, take about ⅓ cup (45 g) of quinoa mixture and, using your hands, shape into a small patty. Repeat with the rest of the quinoa mixture.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Cook the quinoa cakes for 3–4 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove from skillet.
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in another skillet. Sear marinated chicken on both sides.
- Cover pan with a lid to continue cooking chicken until internal temperature reaches 165ºF (75ºFC).
- Move chicken to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Slice chicken into thin slices.
- To assemble, place a couple pieces of chicken on a quinoa cake.
- Garnish with tomatoes, then place a second quinoa cake on top to form a sandwich.