Pad Krapow is one of the most popular Thai dishes. It consists of ground meat, such as pork, chicken, or beef, stir-fried with garlic, Thai chilies, fish sauce, soy sauce, and basil for an aromatic, fresh dish.
May 01, 2023
for 3 servings
- 6 cloves garlic cloves
- 4 Thai chile peppers
- 2 lb 94/6 ground beef (910 g)
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup water (60 mL)
- fresh basil leaf, to taste
- steamed white rice, for serving
- fried egg, for serving
- Calories 843
- Fat 51g
- Carbs 5g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 82g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Chop and mash together the garlic and Thai chiles to make a paste.
- In a large pan over medium-high heat, sear the ground beef for 4–5 minutes, until the fat has rendered. Drain the excess fat, then increase the heat to high and continue to sear until the beef is nicely browned, 2–3 minutes more. Add the garlic Thai chile paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, dark soy sauce, sugar, and water and continue cooking for 2 minutes, until the meat is well-coated with the sauce.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the basil. Serve with steamed white rice and fried eggs.