This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Submit your own recipe here!
for 8 servings
- 2 lb spinach leaves (1 kg), + ¼ tsp turmeric powder (blanched and pureed into a paste)
- 2 cups onion (300 g), diced
- ½ cup olive oil (120 mL)
- 2 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt, heaping
- 1 ½ teaspoons cumin seeds, crushed and roasted
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds, crushed and roasted
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, crushed and roasted
- 1 tablespoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled
- 2 cups milk (480 mL)
- 2 green chiles, chopped
- ½ lb paneer (200 g), (firm cottage cheese), cut into cubes
- Calories 371
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 27g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a skillet, add chopped onions, and fry them until they are soft.
- Add ginger garlic paste, saute for 5 minutes, then add the spices.
- Saute for 5 minutes and then add chopped tomatoes.
- Mix tomatoes well, cover, and cook for 7 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
- Now, add potatoes and cook until potatoes are coated with the spices and tender (approximately 10 minutes).
- Add spinach puree (made with turmeric) and stir to mix well. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and cook for 10 minutes.
- Then, remove the lid and add chopped green chillies. Increase to medium-high heat and add milk. Cook for another 10 minutes, or until gravy begins to thicken. At this point, take off heat and set aside.
- In a separate pan on medium heat, fry cottage cheese cubes in 1-2 tbsp vegetable oil or ghee.
- Finally, garnish the gravy with fried cottage cheese, green chillies and coriander leaves.