Pan Seared Salmon With White Wine Butter Sauce
This elegant yet easy-to-make dish is perfect for a special occasion or a weeknight dinner. Beautifully seared salmon fillets are served with a silky white wine and butter sauce that's flavored with shallots, garlic, and fresh parsley.
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 4 servings
- 1 ½ lb fresh Atlantic salmon (680 g), skin-on
- salt and pepper, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large lemon, halved, leave one half as is and slice the other half
- 2 tablespoons caper
- 1 bunch italian parsley, finely chopped
- 16 oz rainbow tomatoes (450 g), halved
- 8 oz dry white wine (225 g)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach (80 g)
- Calories 594
- Fat 45g
- Carbs 15g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 26g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- First prepare the salmon by seasoning the fleshy side with salt and pepper. Then, set aside.
- Next, heat your cast iron pan on the stove on a medium heat. Once your cast iron or pan is heated, add in the olive oil and 4 tbsp of butter.
- When the butter has melted, place your salmon into the pan - skin side down first. DO NOT touch or move the salmon around. Leaving the salmon alone will allow the skin to cook and become crispy.
- After about 3 minutes, use your turner to check if the salmon separates from the pan without resistance. If it doesn’t, continue to let it cook for another 2 minutes. If you’re able to slide and lift the salmon from the pan with nothing sticking, it’s time to flip.
- Continue to cook the salmon, flesh side down now, for an additional 3-5 minutes - or until you reach an internal temp of about 140°F. Fahrenheit.
- Remove the salmon from the pan and place onto a serving dish. Next, reduce heat to medium and add shallots and garlic. Saute until fragrant and to this, add the juice from half of a lemon.
- Add in capers, parsley, tomatoes, and white wine and mix well to combine.
- Add remaining 4 tbsp butter and mix. Then lower heat and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach is slightly wilted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Finally, plate salmon and garnish with lemon slices. Top with sauce and veggies. Serve.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.