Pancake Batter Cones
Tired of basic pancakes? Try these pancake cones for a fun and indulgent way of using pancake batter! Load the cones with your fillings, like whipped cream and berries.
for 2 Servings
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1 cup dry pancake mix (125 g)
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- whipped cream
- fresh berry
- melted chocolate
- Calories 474
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 61g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Fill a medium pot halfway with vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat until the temperature reaches 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the pancake mix and water until smooth, then whisk in the melted butter until incorporated.
- Dip a triangular cake server in the hot oil, then allow any excess oil to drip back into the pot. Dip the hot server into the pancake batter, turning to coat with a thin layer of the batter. Hold the server in the hot oil and fry until the batter is golden brown, 1–2 minutes. Dip the server in the batter again to coat with another layer, then fry once more until golden brown, 1–2 minutes more. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain, using a butter knife to carefully release the cone from the cake server. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Fill the cones with whipped cream and fresh berries. Stack on a plate and drizzle with melted chocolate. Serve warm.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.