Paneer Butter Masala
This recipe was submitted by a Tasty Community Member, and hasn’t been tested by the Tasty recipe team.Have a recipe of your own to share?Submit a recipe here!
for 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 ginger, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 1 cup tomato (250 g), chopped
- ¼ cup water (60 mL), plus 6 tablespoons, divided
- ¼ cup cashews (30 g), soaked in water
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri, chili powder
- 1 butter, small knob
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- 2 ½ cups paneer (250 g)
- 1 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
- salt, to taste
- coriander leaf, chopped, to taste
- flatbread, or rice, for serving
- Calories 572
- Fat 50g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 19g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a pan and add the vegetable oil. Add the cinnamon stick, green chili, ginger, garlic, and onions then cook it until onions are little translucent on medium flame.
- Then add in your tomatoes and cook it for 3-5 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender, then turn the flame off and put a lid on it for 5 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes and onion mixture in a blender and blitz the mixture with 1 tablespoon water into a smooth paste.
- Strain the tomato purée and set it aside, then add in your soaked cashews in same blender with 5 tablespoons of water and blend it into a creamy cashew paste.
- Heat the same pan with a knob of butter, melt It, and add in your Kashmiri chili powder (stir it) and cook it for 10 seconds. Add in your tomato onion purée in it and mix properly and bring it to a boil.
- Add your coriander powder in it, mix it, and cover the pot and cook it for 3 minutes on medium flame.
- Then add in your cashews paste with ¼ cup of water mix it properly and cook it for 3 minutes.
- Stir in your cream and garam masala. Then add in your paneer cubes mix it and cook the curry for 5 minutes on low flame.
- Add in your fenugreek leaves and mix it. Season with salt to taste.
- Lastly garnish the dish with little cream on top with coriander leaves and serve it with flatbreads or rice.