Peach And Blackberry Pie
This sweet and tangy pie is bursting with juicy peaches and blackberries, wrapped in a buttery and flaky pie crust. Perfect for a summer dessert or a weekend brunch.
May 04, 2023
92% would make again
for 6 servings
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour (310 g)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- salt, to taste
- 16 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cubed
- ½ cup buttermilk (120 mL), chilled
- 1 ½ lb peaches (680 g), pits removed and sliced into 8 wedges
- 1 cup blackberries (150 g)
- ½ cup brown sugar (110 g), lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, or 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons water
- turbinado sugar
- Calories 596
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 66g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 24g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the crust: Add the flour, granulated sugar, and salt to the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the cubed butter and pulse until the butter is incorporated and broken down to the size of peas.
- Add the buttermilk and pulse until the dough just comes together.
- Gather the dough into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Make the filling In a medium bowl, combine the peaches, blackberries, brown sugar, bourbon (or vanilla), cornstarch, lemon zest, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt.
- Remove the pie dough from the refrigerator. Divide into two equal portions and roll each out to a ⅛-inch (3 cm)-thick round.
- Transfer one round of pie dough to a pie plate and trim the edges, making sure none hangs over the edge. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Cut the second pie crust 20 ½-inch (1 cm) long strips.
- Fill the pie plate with the peach and blueberry mixture, then make a herringbone or lattice crust on top with the dough strips.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and water until well-combined. Brush the top of the crust with the egg wash, then sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Chill the pie in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Bake the pie for 50–55 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown.
- Let pie sit at room temperature for at least 3 hours before serving.
- Hate losing that perfect recipe? Save and organize recipes easily on the Tasty app. Download now.