Peach Skillet Cobbler
featured in Easy Skillet Cobbler 4 Ways
This cobbler is the perfect dessert for summer. Juicy, ripe peaches are baked until golden brown and pair perfectly with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
May 04, 2023
90% would make again
for 8 servings
- 4 cups chopped peaches (900 g)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup lemon juice (60 mL)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 box vanilla cake mix
- 1 cup sliced almonds (110 g)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (110 g), sliced
- ice cream, for serving
- Calories 472
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 63g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat, combine the peaches, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-10 minutes, until the mixture starts to thicken. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cake mix over the peach mixture. Scatter the almonds on top, then evenly distribute the butter slices.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes, until the top is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.