88% would make again
Peanut Butter Banana Brownies
featured in 4 Desserts To Make With Ripe Bananas
for 8 servings
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup sugar (200 g)
- ½ cup unsalted butter (130 g), melted, plus 1 tablespoon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour (95 g)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder (40 g), plus 1 tablespoon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter (120 g)
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 369
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 43g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 6g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a bowl, use a fork to mash the bananas. Add the sugar, ½ cup (115 g) of butter, and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and cocoa powder, and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of butter to grease a 9x9-inch (23x23 cm) baking tray.
- Use the remaining 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder to dust every side of the baking tray.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish.
- Use a spoon to add dollops of peanut butter on top of the batter. Use a butter knife to swirl the peanut butter into the brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until center no longer jiggles when pan is shaken.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before cutting.