Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake
May 24, 2021
92% would make again
for 12 servings
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookie
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 32 oz cream cheese (900 g), softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups light brown sugar (300 g), lightly packed
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (240 g)
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL), divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 24 peanut butter cups, chopped, divided
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip (175 g)
- Calories 752
- Fat 60g
- Carbs 46g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 40g
- Protein 15g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (160°C).
- Add the sandwich cookies in a food processor and process into fine crumbs. Pour in the melted butter and pulse several times, until the crumbs are moistened.
- Grease a 10-inch springform pan with nonstick spray. Add the cookie crumbs, pressing evenly into the bottom and halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until slightly puffed. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a wire rack, about 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese with an electric hand mixer on high speed until smooth. Reduce the speed to medium and beat in the eggs, 1 at a time, until smooth.
- Add the brown sugar, peanut butter, ½ cup heavy cream, the vanilla, and salt and beat just until smooth, being careful not to overmix. Use a rubber spatula to fold in half of the chopped peanut butter cups.
- Pour the filling into the cooled crust.
- Bake the cheesecake for 70–80 minutes, or until the top is light golden, dry-looking, and starting to crackle. The middle may still jiggle slightly. Let the cheesecake cool for about 1 hour, on a wire rack, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours, up to overnight.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine the remaining ½ cup heavy cream and the chocolate chips. Microwave for 70 seconds, then whisk until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Release the cheesecake from the springform and transfer to a serving plate or cake stand. Pour the chocolate sauce over the top, spreading with spatula so it drips over the sides slightly. Sprinkle the remaining chopped peanut butter cups on top.
- Slice with a warm knife and serve.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.