Peanut Butter & Jelly Fritters
Give your PB & J an upgrade by using canned biscuit dough instead of traditional sandwich bread, then pan-fry in ghee for a crispy, golden crust.
for 2 servings
- all purpose flour, for dusting
- 4 unbaked canned biscuits
- 4 teaspoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons jelly of choice
- water, for brushing
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- Calories 1172
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 36g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 22g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 5-inch (12.7 cm) circle.
- Spread the peanut butter in the center of 2 biscuits and add the jelly to the center of the remaining 2 biscuits.
- Use a pastry brush or your fingers to lightly dampen the edges of the biscuits with water; then fold the peanut butter biscuits over the jelly biscuits and press the edges together to seal well.
- Use a 4-inch cutter to punch out the center of the biscuit sandwiches, making sure the edges are still sealed well. Discard the dough scraps.
- Refrigerate the sandwiches for 30 minutes.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of ghee in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. Add the sandwiches and cook for 4–5 minutes, until golden brown and crusty. Flip, add the remaining butter, and cook for 3–4 minutes more, until golden brown and crusty.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.