Pecan Pie Dip
This dip is a sweet and indulgent dessert that's perfect for sharing! Brown sugar, butter and eggs create the creamy base for this dip, while chocolate chips and dried cranberries give a unique twist to this pecan pie inspired dessert.
for 8 Servings
Pie Crust Cookies
- ¼ cup granulated sugar (50 g)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 pre-made pie doughs, 8-inch rounds
- large egg, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup light corn syrup (175 g)
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar (75 g)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed and chilled
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces (105 g), plus more for garnish
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup dried cranberries, plus more for garnish (75 g)
- cookie cutter, 2 in (5 cm)
- Calories 433
- Fat 22g
- Carbs 56g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 29g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the pie crust cookies: Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sugar and cinnamon.
- Unroll each pie dough round and brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar evenly over the dough to cover completely.
- Using a 2-inch square cookie cutter, cut out as many pieces as you can from the dough and place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing evenly.
- Bake the cookies until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Let the cookies cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- While the cookies bake, make the dip: In a large, high-walled skillet, whisk together the corn syrup, brown sugar, maple syrup, and eggs. Turn the heat to medium-low and continue whisking until the mixture is homogeneous and begins to turn frothy and light brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and whisk in the butter, vanilla, and salt until the butter is completely melted.
- Add the pecans, chocolate chips, and dried cranberries and stir until fully incorporated.
- Transfer the dip to a serving bowl and garnish with more dried cranberries and toasted pecans. Serve warm with the pie crust cookies for dipping.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.