98% would make again
Penne Alla Vodka From Leftover Sauce
featured in 6 Ways to Reuse Leftover Pasta Sauce
Whip up this scrumptious Penne alla Vodka using your leftover sauce for a delightful twist on a classic dish. This easy-to-make recipe will have your taste buds dancing and craving more!
May 05, 2023
for 10 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 fl oz vodka (120 mL), optional
- 3 cups tomato sauce (675 g)
- 1 cup heavy cream (235 mL)
- 1 lb cooked penne (455 g)
- parmesan cheese, for serving
- fresh parsley, for serving
- Calories 315
- Fat 12g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pot over medium heat, add the olive oil and onion, and cook until the onion is slightly translucent.
- Add the garlic, salt, and vodka, and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the tomato sauce and heavy cream, and bring to a boil.
- Add the cooked penne and stir until the sauce evenly coats the pasta.
- Serve warm with Parmesan and parsley.