for 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 28 oz crushed tomato (795 g), 1 can
- ½ cup vodka (120 mL)
- ½ teaspoon red chili flake
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 4 cups penne pasta (400 g)
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- ½ cup Parmesan (110 g), to garnish
- Calories 1299
- Fat 65g
- Carbs 104g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 70g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat oil in a large pot over high heat. Cook onion until translucent.
- Add beef, salt, and pepper, cooking until all the moisture has evaporated and the beef is browned.
- Add crushed tomatoes, vodka, and chili flakes, stirring and cooking until half of the liquid has evaporated and the sauce has reduced.
- Add cream, stirring until evenly incorporated.
- Stir in pasta until evenly coated.
- Serve with parsley and parmesan.
- Nutrition Calories: 1753 Fat: 69 grams Carbs: 193 grams Fiber: 13 grams Sugars: 22 grams Protein: 93 grams
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.