92% would make again
Pepperoni Pizza Dip With Garlic Knots
featured in Tasty's Top Pizzas
This super easy and super cheesy dip is the perfect snack for game day or movie night with the family!
January 16, 2020
for 4 servings
- 2 cups cream cheese (450 g), softened
- 2 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (250 g), divided
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- ½ cup tomato sauce (130 g)
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 1 package store bought pizza dough
- ½ stick unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (25 g)
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Calories 1109
- Fat 73g
- Carbs 72g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 40g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Make the dip: In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, ½ cup (55 g) mozzarella, Parmesan, and lemon juice. Mix with an electric hand mixer until smooth. Stir in the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano.
- Transfer the cream cheese mixture to a 9-inch (22 cm) pie dish and spread evenly. Top with the tomato sauce, then the remaining 2 cups (100 G) of mozzarella cheese. Finish with the pepperoni.
- Bake the dip for 18–20 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
- While the dip bakes, make the garlic knots: Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza dough on a flat surface. Cut in half lengthwise, then crosswise 12 times so you have 24 small strips. Cover with a damp kitchen towel to keep from rising.
- In a small bowl, mix together the melted butter, salt, garlic powder, minced garlic, Parmesan, and parsley.
- Tie each dough strip into a knot, then place on the prepared baking sheets. Brush generously with the garlic butter.
- Bake the garlic knots for 10–12 minutes, until puffed and golden.
- Serve the garlic knots warm with the pepperoni dip.