90% would make again
Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread
featured in Soft & Savory Monkey Breads For A Party
Despite this party appetizer’s name, cheesy pull-apart goodness is no monkey business. Flaky biscuit dough, marinara sauce, cheese, and pepperoni are baked together in a bundt pan, then you dig right in, with more marinara sauce for dipping. Make this indulgent recipe your own by replacing the pepperoni with your favorite pizza toppings.
December 24, 2019
for 6 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 cans flaky biscuit dough, 16 ounce (455 G)
- 3 cups marinara sauce (780 g), divided
- 64 slices pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (200 g), divided
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped. for garnish
- Calories 767
- Fat 42g
- Carbs 75g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 10-inch (25 cm) bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Tear a biscuit in half and flatten to approximately 2 inches (5 cm) wide. Top with ½ teaspoon marinara sauce, 2 slices of pepperoni, and 1 teaspoon mozzarella. Pinch the dough together, sealing the fillings inside, and roll into a ball. Repeat until all of the dough is filled.
- Arrange a layer of pizza balls in the prepared bundt pan and top with ⅓ of the remaining mozzarella.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Drizzle some of the olive oil mixture over the pizza balls. Continue layering the remaining pizza balls, mozzarella, and more of the olive oil mixture, reserving about 2 tablespoons for brushing.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, until the biscuit dough is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling between the pizza balls. Let cool for 2–3 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
- Brush the remaining olive oil mixture all over the monkey bread. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Warm the remaining marinara sauce and serve alongside for dipping.