Pepperoni Pizza Monkey Bread
Despite this party appetizer’s name, cheesy pull-apart goodness is no monkey business. Flaky biscuit dough, marinara sauce, cheese, and pepperoni are baked together in a bundt pan, then you dig right in, with more marinara sauce for dipping. Make this indulgent recipe your own by replacing the pepperoni with your favorite pizza toppings.
for 6 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 cans flaky biscuit dough, 16 ounce (455 G)
- 3 cups marinara sauce (780 g), divided
- 64 slices pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (200 g), divided
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped. for garnish
- Calories 1226
- Fat 74g
- Carbs 109g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 64g
- Protein 31g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Grease a 10-inch (25 cm) bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Tear a biscuit in half and flatten to approximately 2 inches (5 cm) wide. Top with ½ teaspoon marinara sauce, 2 slices of pepperoni, and 1 teaspoon mozzarella. Pinch the dough together, sealing the fillings inside, and roll into a ball. Repeat until all of the dough is filled.
- Arrange a layer of pizza balls in the prepared bundt pan and top with ⅓ of the remaining mozzarella.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Drizzle some of the olive oil mixture over the pizza balls. Continue layering the remaining pizza balls, mozzarella, and more of the olive oil mixture, reserving about 2 tablespoons for brushing.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes, until the biscuit dough is golden brown and the cheese is bubbling between the pizza balls. Let cool for 2–3 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
- Brush the remaining olive oil mixture all over the monkey bread. Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese on top. Warm the remaining marinara sauce and serve alongside for dipping.
- Don't let a good recipe slip away. Download the Tasty app and save your favorites for easy access.