Perfect Chai As Made By Alaya Tea
Wind down with this perfectly brewed cup of chai as made by Alaya Tea.
November 11, 2020
58% would make again
for 3 cups
- 4 cups water (960 mL)
- 2 teaspoons Alaya Assam Black Tea and Ginger
- 4 whole cardamom pods, crushed
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 cup whole milk (240 mL)
- 1 ½ teaspoons sugar
- cookie, crackers, or samosas, for serving (optional)
- Calories 58
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 8g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Once the water is boiling, stir in the Alaya Assam Black Tea and Ginger, cardamom, and cloves.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the milk. Cook until it begins to froth, 3–4 minutes.
- Stir in the sugar until dissolved.
- Strain the tea into mugs and serve with cookies, crackers, or samosas, if desired.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.