96% would make again
How To Cook Perfect Hard-Boiled Eggs
for 6 eggs
- 6 eggs
- water, to cover
- ice, for ice bath
- Calories 90
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place eggs in a pot. Cover with cold water until the eggs are covered by about 1 inch (2 cm) of water.
- Bring to a boil, uncovered. Once boiling, take off the heat.
- Cover and cook for 4-16 minutes, depending on preference (4-6 minutes for soft-boiled, 8-10 minutes for medium-boiled, 12-16 minutes for hard-boiled). In the meantime, fill a large bowl with ice and cold water, creating an ice bath.
- Once eggs reach desired cook-time, immediately remove the eggs from pot and place in the ice bath. Allow eggs to cool for 10-15 minutes.
- To peel, lightly tap the eggs on a flat surface, then gently roll back and forth (taking extra care with soft-boiled eggs).
- Pull away the loosened shell and peel any remaining pieces.
- Serve as is or incorporate into your favorite recipe that requires hard-boiled eggs.