Personal Protein Pot
featured in Quick And Delicious High Protein Meals
This personal protein pot is a quick and easy meal that is perfect for those who are always on the go with its mix of protein and veggies in one convenient dish.
May 04, 2023
92% would make again
for 1 serving
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce (60 mL)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup dry quinoa (85 g), rinsed
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock (360 mL)
- ½ cup sliced carrot (55 g)
- ½ cup snap peas (50 g), ends trimmed
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage (50 g)
- ½ cup sliced bell pepper (50 g)
- ½ cup broccoli florets (75 g)
- 1 large egg
- kosher salt, to taste
- ½ avocado, sliced
- sliced scallion, for garnish
- toasted sesame seed, for garnish
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, honey, and soy sauce.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the sauce over the chicken breast in a small bowl and set the rest aside for serving. Toss the chicken in the sauce to coat.
- Cook the chicken in a small nonstick saucepan over medium heat until golden brown on one side, then flip and cook the other side until the internal temperature reaches at least 165°F (75°C), about 10 minutes total. Remove the chicken from the pot. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Add the quinoa and chicken stock to the same pot. Stir the quinoa and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low and place a metal strainer over the simmering quinoa.
- Add the carrot, snap peas, red cabbage, bell pepper, broccoli, and egg to the strainer. Sprinkle with salt, then cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the strainer from the pot, then fluff the quinoa. Peel the egg and cut in half lengthwise.
- Arrange the chicken and steamed veggies atop the quinoa. Top with the sliced avocado and egg. Pour over the reserved sauce, then garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.