92% would make again
Personal Protein Pot
featured in Quick And Delicious High Protein Meals
for 1 serving
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce (60 mL)
- 1 chicken breast
- ½ cup quinoa (85 g)
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock (360 mL)
- ½ cup sliced carrot (55 g)
- ½ cup snap pea (50 g)
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage (50 g)
- ½ cup bell pepper (50 g), sliced
- ½ cup broccoli floret (75 g)
- 1 egg
- salt, to taste
- ½ avocado, sliced
- scallion, sliced, for garnish
- toasted sesame seed, for garnish
- Calories 1890
- Fat 99g
- Carbs 171g
- Fiber 20g
- Sugar 45g
- Protein 78g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small measuring cup, mix together the garlic, ginger, sesame oil, honey, and soy sauce. Whisk to combine.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of the sauce over the chicken in a small bowl and set the rest aside for serving. Toss the chicken in the sauce to coat.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a small pot over medium heat. Cook the chicken until golden brown on one side, then flip and cook the other side until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of at least 165°F (75°C), about 10 minutes total. Remove the chicken breast from the pan. Let rest for 5 minutes, then slice.
- Add the quinoa and chicken stock to the same pot. Stir the quinoa and bring to a boil on high heat. Then, reduce the heat to low and place a strainer over the simmering quinoa.
- To the strainer, add the carrot, snap peas, red cabbage, bell pepper, broccoli, and the egg. Sprinkle with salt.
- Cover the pot and cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove the food from the heat, fluff the quinoa and add the chicken and veggies. Top with the sliced avocado and the cooked egg. Pour on the rest of the reserved sauce, and garnish with scallions and toasted sesame seeds.