Pesto Chicken Spaghetti Squash
featured in Pesto Lovers Only
This low-carb dish is bursting with flavor. The spaghetti squash serves as a perfect base for the pesto chicken, making it a healthy and satisfying meal.
May 04, 2023
96% would make again
for 6 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon neutral oil, plus more for drizzling
- kosher salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ lb green beans (225 g), trimmed
- 1 cup basil pesto (230 g)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (400 g), halved
- Calories 356
- Fat 27g
- Carbs 13g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- With a sharp knife, slice the squash in half lengthwise (if the squash is too tough, puncture in several places, forming a perforated line around the squash. Microwave for 3–5 minutes to soften, then allow to cool before cutting in half). Scoop out the seeds, then place the squash halves cut-side up on a baking sheet. Drizzle the cut sides with oil and season with salt and pepper, then use a brush to distribute the seasonings evenly. Flip the squash cut-side down.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the squash is easily pierced with a knife. Remove the squash from the oven and use a fork pull the flesh into stringy "spaghetti."
- Heat the oil over in a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, then sear in the pan on each side for about 4 minutes, until golden brown. Remove the chicken from the pan and let rest for 5 minutes before cutting into cubes.
- Add the green beans to the pan and sauté until starting to soften, about 4 minutes. Add the spaghetti squash flesh, pesto, and chicken and toss until well-combined. Continue cooking until warmed through, about 5 minutes more, then add the cherry tomatoes and toss to incorporate.
- Serve warm.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.