96% would make again
Pesto Chicken Spaghetti Squash
featured in Pesto Lovers Only
for 6 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 tablespoon oil, plus more for drizzling
- salt, to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ lb green beans (225 g), trimmed
- 1 cup basil pesto (230 g)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes (400 g), halved
- Calories 304
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 16g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Using a fork, pierce holes along one side of the spaghetti squash.
- Microwave the squash for 5 minutes to make it easier to cut open.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with a spoon.
- Transfer the squash to a roasting pan and drizzle with oil. Season the flesh with salt and pepper, and flip the squash so that the cavity faces down on the pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes until the squash is easily pierced with a knife.
- Once out of the oven, use a fork to pull the threads out of the spaghetti squash.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil over medium-high heat in a large, nonstick skillet. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper and sear them on each side for about 4 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and allow it to rest for 5 minutes before slicing into cubes.
- Toss the green beans into the pan and sauté until they’ve started to soften.
- Add in the spaghetti squash, pesto, and chicken, and toss until well combined.
- After the mixture is heated through, toss in the cherry tomatoes and give the pan one last toss to help everything come together.
- Remove from heat and serve.