69% would make again
Piña Colada Cupcakes
featured in 5 Cupcakes To Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
for 12 servings
- 2 ½ cups caster sugar (280 g)
- ¾ cup butter (200 g), melted
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup coconut milk (100 mL), malibu preferred
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 2 cups plain flour (240 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 ½ cups icing sugar (450 g)
- 1 cup butter (250 g)
- ¼ cup double cream (60 mL)
- 1 tablespoon coconut rum
- 1 tablespoon pineapple juice
- Calories 615
- Fat 32g
- Carbs 78g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 60g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Whisk the melted butter and sugar together until noticeably thicker in consistency (about 3 minutes).
- Add the eggs, coconut rum, pineapple juice and coconut cream and whisk again until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt. Add gradually to the butter and rum mixture, mixing each time.
- Pour the cake batter into a jug and then pour into 12 cupcake cases, about ¾ of the way up. Bake for 15-18 minutes at 180°C (350˚F).
- Once the cupcakes are out and have cooled, prepare the topping. Whisk the icing sugar, butter, double cream, coconut rum and pineapple juice together until thick and creamy.
- Using a piping bag or zip top bag with a small corner cut off, pipe the topping onto the cupcakes and decorate with some dessicated coconut, cherries and a straw.