Pineapple BBQ Bacon Burgers
Next time you want to impress your friends, try making these outrageous burgers. They’re stuffed mounds of cheddar cheese, wrapped in bacon, and brushed with tangy BBQ sauce. To top it all off, they’re served with grilled pineapple for an extra layer of sweetness. Yum!
for 4 servings
- 2 lb ground beef (910 g), 85/15
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (235 g), plus more for basting
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 oz cheddar cheese (110 g), diced
- 4 pineapple rounds, cored
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 4 hamburger rolls
- 4 pieces lettuce
- Preheat the grill to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, season the ground beef with salt and pepper. Add the barbecue sauce and mix with your hands until well incorporated.
- Divide the meat into 4 baseball-sized portions. Roll into balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Using a clean, empty soda or beer can, press into the center of a beef ball to form a crater, shaping the beef up around the sides of the can. Smooth out any cracks in the meat. Wrap 2 strips of bacon around the outside, using toothpicks to secure. Remove the can and fill the crater with 1 ounce of diced cheddar. 5. Repeat with the remaining burgers.
- Transfer the burger bowls to the grill over indirect heat and cook for 25–30 minutes for medium doneness, basting with more barbecue sauce every 10–15 minutes.
- While the burgers are cooking, pat the pineapple rounds dry with a paper towel. Spray lightly with nonstick spray. Add to the grill over direct heat and cook for 1–2 minutes per side, until grill marks appear.
- Toast the buns on the grill for 1–2 minutes, until golden brown.
- To assemble, place a piece of lettuce on a bottom bun and top with a burger and a grilled pineapple round. Finish with the top bun.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here