for 9 large tots
- 1 block low-moisture mozzarella, small block
- 12 slices pepperoni
- 3 ½ cups hash brown (455 g)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- oil, for frying
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Calories 366
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 14g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Cut block of mozzarella into small cubes, about a ½ inch (1 ¼ cm).
- Cut pepperoni in half.
- In a mixing bowl, combine hash browns, Italian seasoning, salt, garlic powder, and egg. Mix well.
- Grab a small handful of the hash brown mixture and flatten out in the palm of your hand.
- Place 1 or 2 slices of pepperoni and a cube of cheese on top.
- Fold the hash brown mixture around the cheese and pepperoni. Squeeze and compress until the mixture completely covers the filling and stays in a cylindrical form. Repeat until all of the mixture is used.
- Freeze tots for 20+ minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat oil to 350˚F (180˚C). Fry tots in batches, three at a time, until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
- Serve immediately with marinara sauce.