Pomegranate Pear Sangria
featured in 4 Ways To Enjoy Sangria In The Winter
for 6 servings
- 1 pear, Anjou or Barlett, cored and sliced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds (65 g)
- ¾ cup simple syrup (250 g)
- 1 cup pomegranate juice (240 mL)
- 1 cup brandy (240 mL)
- 1 bottle red wine, carbernet sauvignon
- 12 oz ginger beer (340 mL), 1 can
- 6 oz candied ginger (170 g), for garnish
- Calories 220
- Fat 0g
- Carbs 32g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 55g
- Protein 0g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large pitcher, combine the pear, pomegranate seeds, simple syrup, pomegranate juice, brandy, and red wine. Stir well, then chill until ready to serve, up to 2 days.
- Immediately before serving, add the ginger beer, and stir to incorporate.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with candied ginger.