85% would make again
Portobello Veggie Burgers
featured in Veggie Burgers 4 Ways
Inspired by thekitchenwhisperer.net
for 5 servings
- 15 oz black beans (400 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 large portobello mushroom caps, finely chopped
- ½ cup walnuts (50 g), finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley (10 g), finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 4 tablespoons water
- Calories 181
- Fat 9g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 8g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- In a large bowl, microwave black beans for 1 minute, or until softened.
- Add salt and garlic. Mash until black beans are finely mashed.
- Add mushrooms, walnuts, and parsley.
- In a small bowl, mix ground flax and water and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Add flax mixture to the mushroom mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Using a ½ cup (120 ml) measuring cup, portion 5 patties from the mixture. Place onto a lightly greased parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until firm and browned, flipping over halfway through.
- Serve burgers with your favorite fixins.