92% would make again
Potato Asparagus Tart
featured in 6 Fancy Potato Recipes
Savor the flavors of spring with this Potato Asparagus Tart that's as beautiful as it is delicious. This golden, flaky pastry is loaded with tender asparagus, creamy potatoes, and a sprinkle of cheese, making it the perfect dish for brunch or a light dinner.
May 05, 2023
for 9 slices
- 4 red potatoes
- 3 cups water (710 mL), enough to cover the potatoes
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 sheet puff pastry, defrosted
- 2 cups parmesan cheese (220 g)
- 4 oz goat cheese (225 g)
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Calories 413
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 26g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Thinly slice potatoes.
- Soak potatoes in just enough cold water to cover the potatoes for 10 minutes. Then pat dry.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- In a medium bowl, mix together heavy cream, salt, Italian seasoning, black pepper and melted butter.
- Add potato slices and evenly coat every piece in the cream mixture.
- Line baking tray with parchment paper and place one sheet of puff pastry. With a fork, evenly poke the entire sheet.
- Place shredded or grated parmesan cheese on the puff pastry. Then layer each potato slice to cover the sheet, leaving ½ inch (1 ¼ cm) on all sides.
- With 2 spoons, scoop small amounts of goat cheese on top of the potatoes. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- With a peeler hold the bottom of the asparagus and carefully peel from bottom to the tip. Peel twice on one side, then flip over to peel the other side. It will give you a even ribbon.
- Put all the asparagus ribbons into a bowl and mix in salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice. Toss the ribbons until evenly coated.
- Place the asparagus ribbons on top of the freshly baked potato tart, then slice.