Potato Crust Breakfast Pizza
This breakfast pizza is a tasty and filling way to start your day! A crispy potato crust forms the base for this pizza, which is then with breakfast sausage, eggs, and melty Monterey Jack cheese. Serve it up for a fun weekend brunch or a breakfast-for-dinner treat!
for 6 servings
- 30 oz frozen hash brown (850 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- olive oil, for brushing
- ¾ cup shredded monterey jack cheese (75 g)
- 6 oz breakfast sausage (170 g), cooked and drained
- 3 large eggs
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, for garnish
- hot sauce, to taste, optional
- Calories 713
- Fat 50g
- Carbs 44g
- Fiber 12g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 22g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 500ºF (260ºC).
- Make the crust: In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the hash browns on high power for 5-6 minutes, until you can separate the shredded potato pieces with your fingers but they still hold their shape.
- Transfer the shredded potatoes to a clean dish towel set over a medium bowl. Wring the towel to squeeze any excess liquid from the potatoes.
- Add the drained potatoes to a large bowl with the eggs, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and oregano and stir until everything is well incorporated. The mixture should look like mashed potatoes, with a few shredded potato pieces remaining.
- Line a 12-inch (30 cm) round pizza pan with parchment paper. Transfer the potato mixture to the pan and shape it into a crust, pressing down so that it’s an even thickness with a lip around the outer edge. Brush the entire crust with olive oil.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, until the crust is beginning to brown and is firm to the touch. Remove from the oven.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325ºF (160ºC).
- Add the toppings: Scatter the Monterey Jack cheese evenly over the crust. Top with the breakfast sausage. Carefully add the eggs, spacing evenly around the pizza. Season the eggs with salt and pepper.
- Bake the pizza for 10-12 minutes, until the egg whites are set and the yolks are still a bit runny.
- Top with the scallions and hot sauce, if using, then slice into wedges.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.