94% would make again
featured in 7 Finger Lickin' Rib Recipes
It’s hard to find a cut of meat that’s as pretty, as satisfying, and as delicious as a prime rib: it’s just fact. It’s a treat unto itself, with melt-in-your-mouth meat that’s hard to beat. But amazing prime rib is tough to come by at a good price, and that’s why we’re bringing you the best of both worlds: garnished with a garlic-herb Butter, our prime rib will convince you that you never need to pay top dollar at a restaurant again.
for 8 servings
- 8 lb prime rib (3.5 kg), bones removed and tied back to the roast
- kosher salt, to salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Calories 1107
- Fat 81g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 88g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- On a cutting board, thoroughly blot the prime rib with paper towels to absorb any moisture.
- Generously season the prime rib all over with salt and pepper.
- Place the prime rib in dish with tall sides and set in the refrigerator uncovered to rest for at least 2-4 hours, or overnight.
- Transfer the prime rib to a roasting rack set inside a roasting pan and let come to room temperature for 1 hour before roasting.
- Preheat the oven to 450˚F (230˚C).
- Roast the prime rib for 30 minutes.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 325˚F (160˚C).
- Continue roasting the rib for 11 minutes per pound, until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 120˚F-125˚F (45-50˚C), for medium rare.
- Remove the rib from the oven, tent with foil, and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the roast to a cutting board and carve.