96% would make again
featured in Protein-packed Meals For All The Gains
This protein-packed quesarito is a cheesy, meaty, and filling meal wrapped in a soft tortilla, perfect for satisfying your cravings.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 1 avocado
- 1 lime, juiced
- ¼ cup olive oil (60 mL)
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more as needed
- ½ cup white onion (75 g)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 7 oz extra firm tofu (200 g), crumbled
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ¾ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 15 oz chickpeas (425 g), 1 can, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded cheese blend (200 g)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (60 g)
- 1 cup diced tomato (200 g)
- 1 cup black beans (60 g)
- 1 cup corn (165 g)
- Calories 1057
- Fat 49g
- Carbs 112g
- Fiber 18g
- Sugar 16g
- Protein 40g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the avocado dressing: in a blender, combine the avocado, lime juice, olive oil, garlic, pepper, salt, and water, and blend until smooth.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until translucent, 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tofu, paprika, cumin, and chili powder, and stir to combine. Add the soy sauce, stir, and cook for 3 minutes more, until tofu mixture is evenly heated.
- Transfer the tofu to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Add more oil to the pan if needed, then add the sweet potatoes, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Stir, cover, and cook for about 5 minutes, until sweet potatoes are tender.
- Remove the sweet potato from the pan and set aside.
- Add the chickpeas, garlic powder, chili powder, remaining ¼ teaspoon salt, and remaining ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir and cook for about 5 minutes, until the chickpeas are crispy.
- Remove chickpeas and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, add a tortilla to the pan and sprinkle with ½ cup cheese, then cover with another tortilla. Cook until the cheese melts, about 3 minutes, flipping once halfway through. Repeat with the remaining tortillas and cheese.
- Transfer the tortillas to plates and fill with with spinach, tofu, tomatoes, black beans, corn, sweet potatoes, and chickpeas. Drizzle with avocado dressing.
- Fold in the left and right sides of the tortillas and roll up from the bottom, tucking the bottom edges under the filling.