91% would make again
Pull-Apart Breadstick Blanket
featured in Crowd-Pleasing Potluck Recipes
Get cozy with this scrumptious Pull-Apart Breadstick Blanket, perfect for sharing with friends and family. Dive into the warm, fluffy dough filled with gooey cheese and savory garlic butter, making it an irresistible appetizer or side dish.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 2 lb pizza dough (910 g)
- 16 mozzarella string cheeses, each cut into 3 equal pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (30 g)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Calories 509
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- On a cutting board, divide the dough into 10 equal balls.
- Begin rolling a ball of dough into a 6-inch (15-cm) tube and flatten until the strip of dough is about ⅛-inch (⅓-cm)thick. Place 5 pieces of string cheese on the strip of dough, spacing about ½ an inch ( 1 ¼-cm) apart. Pull up the dough to wrap around the pieces of mozzarella and seal together. Roll the cheese-stuffed tube of dough to close any remaining holes in the dough. Repeat with the dough and cheese.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, arrange 5 of the tubes of dough horizontally. Weave in the remaining tubes of dough vertically between the horizontal tubes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, and Parmesan. Brush the mixture all over the dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with marinara sauce for dipping.