91% would make again
Pull-Apart Breadstick Blanket
featured in Crowd-Pleasing Potluck Recipes
for 8 servings
- 2 lb pizza dough (910 g)
- 16 mozzarella string cheeses, each cut into 3 equal pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese (30 g)
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- marinara sauce, for dipping
- Calories 509
- Fat 23g
- Carbs 52g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- On a cutting board, divide the dough into 10 equal balls.
- Begin rolling a ball of dough into a 6-inch (15-cm) tube and flatten until the strip of dough is about ⅛-inch (⅓-cm)thick. Place 5 pieces of string cheese on the strip of dough, spacing about ½ an inch ( 1 ¼-cm) apart. Pull up the dough to wrap around the pieces of mozzarella and seal together. Roll the cheese-stuffed tube of dough to close any remaining holes in the dough. Repeat with the dough and cheese.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, arrange 5 of the tubes of dough horizontally. Weave in the remaining tubes of dough vertically between the horizontal tubes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the olive oil, garlic powder, and Parmesan. Brush the mixture all over the dough.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with marinara sauce for dipping.