96% would make again
Pull Apart Cheesy Pesto Bread
featured in Easy-To-Make Pesto Recipes
for 2 servings
- 2 cups strong bread flour (250 g), plus more for dusting
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon yeast
- ⅔ cup warm water (150 mL)
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, plus a tiny bit for greasing
- ⅔ cup pesto (150 g)
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese (30 g)
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (30 g)
- Calories 1106
- Fat 58g
- Carbs 112g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Combine the flour, salt, and yeast together, then form a well in the centre. Add the water and 1 teaspoon of the olive oil and stir until the mixture holds together.
- Turn onto a floured surface and knead for 7-10 minutes.
- Put the dough into a bowl greased with olive oil, cover with cling film, and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
- Knead the dough again for another minute or so, then form the mixture into 18 even-sized balls.
- Coat each dough ball in a generous helping of pesto.
- Place the dough balls into a large cake tin, cover and rise for another hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C.)
- Cover the dough balls with the cheddar and mozzarella.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.